Blonde Oak leaf Lettuce -
Lactuca sativa (latin)
Variety with numerous golden green leaves reminiscent of the oak tree leaves. It is hardy variety and has excellent flavour.
Type of soil: All.
Sowing time: From mid January. The lettuces should be sown at intervals so that they are not all ready at the same moment.
Harvesting time: 2 to 3 months after sowing, from March to October.
Site: Full sun.
Sow directly into the ground:
- Lettuce seeds are not sensitive to the cold.
- Sow in rows, cover with a thin layer of compost and water using a fine spray.
- After the plants come through they should be thinned to about one plant every 20cm.
- Water them abundantly if there is a lack of rain.
- Put straw around them.
- Harvest the lettuce as required once they are properly formed.